I have some exciting news!
I am working with Shape.com and Fitbit on an East Coast v. West Coast Blogger Challenge. If you already know you need, want, and love Fitbit, check out this link to the score board and enter to win a Fitbit Charge. New winners every week!
The challenge: Log as many steps and miles as my legs can handle.
The Reason: To help my teammates on the EAST COAST win Most Active Coast.
How: Using the Fitbit Charge to count all those steps and miles each week using the Blogger Challenge of the Week.
The Result: Ultimate bragging rights after the West Coast goes down with fizzle and the East Coast wins the Most Active Coast.
As most of you know, I’m basically starting over with running. This challenge is exactly what I needed to give me that extra spark of motivation to get in as many running workouts and additional steps/miles as I can. I’m not talking about long steady-state cardio. I’m talking about short HITT workouts or hopping on the treadmill during commercials or matching my treadmill minutes with my computer/smartphone minutes. Anything to get my feet moving is going to help my East Coast teammates. Getting in my 4 weekly running workouts is just the start. Finding ways to walk or move more is the real challenge.
How is all this going to work?
- 10 of us from the East Coast are participating in the Blogger Challenge against 10 members of the West Coast. We are in a Fitbit group that we can access in our Fitbit profiles.
- We were given a Fitbit Charge last week to start testing for the challenge. We will use it for the duration of the challenge. I will have more details about the device throughout the next few weeks as I use it.
- The challenge uses 2 measures: Total STEPS and Total DISTANCE. The other measures are great tools, but only these 2 will be used for the leader board and final winner determination..which will be EAST COAST.
- Each week, we will receive a specific challenge to help us gain our “10K everyday”. That’s 10,000 steps a day. We will receive the challenge on Monday of each week.
- You can find the scoreboards at 2 locations. Check them out at anytime!
- If you click those links, you can enter to win a Fitbit Charge EACH WEEK.
- At the end of 4 weeks, the EAST COAST will be declared the most Active Coast. (I have ultimate faith in my team. We WILL WIN!).
What are the challenges?
Week 1 is to Get Outside to meet our goal. Well, that’s a little funny actually. Up until THIS WEEK, Alabama has enjoyed very favorable outside conditions. We may melt in May-September, but our October-December is usually beautiful with perfect weather conditions other than the severe weather days. But THIS WEEK, we broke records all over the place with the coldest weather in years. Getting outside last week would have been easy and enjoyable. This week, it’s been brutal. In fact, I’ve only had 1 outside workout so far. Look at this beautiful view.
I love the colors! But don’t let the beauty deceive you. It was 36* outside. To an Alabama girl, this is cold. Lung freezing cold. Shivering cold. But I know some of East Coast teammates are dealing with worse conditions so I sucked it up and went outside to run a quick HIIT workout. I ran intervals of 1min sprint/3 min walk. Then I came inside and thawed out.
I will definitely get outside more as the warmup continues Thursday-Sunday. Stay tuned and don’t forget to leave a comment to cheer on Team EAST COAST!
This post is sponsored by the Shape/Men’s Fitness FitBit Charge Challenge.