It’s FINALLY time for college football and I am so ready for this change. Football brings in fall weather and moves us closer to the best part of the year for me: holidays. I love everything about fall in Alabama, including the first football weekend being hotter than blue blazes.
While I love rich hearty soups and stews on football Saturdays, I just can’t enjoy it with temps in the 90s. This weekend, I’m bringing out this Jalepeno-lime chicken dish. It’s full of flavor, but not so heavy that I feel like a slug afterwards.
I did make these in my tiny RV oven and they were perfect. These are gluten-free and work great for Paleo and Whole30. I served mine with a spicy ranch dipping sauce. I could feed a crowd with these and some loaded potato skins. Bring on the touchdowns! ROLL TIDE!!
- 2 lbs chicken drumettes, approximately 16-20 drumettes
- 1/2 cup olive oil, light or extra virgin
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds and course chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper, In adobo sauce (canned)
- 1/2 cup water
- Prepare the marinade. In a blender, add oil, lime juice and zest, jalapeno, chipotle pepper, garlic. Pulse until completely chopped and blended.
- In a large zip top bag, add all the chicken drumettes. Pour the marinade over the top. Zip close and marinate in fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Lay the chicken in a single layer. THROW AWAY BAG OF CHICKEN MARINADE. Bake 15 minutes. Remove. Turn the chicken. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a cookie drying rack and let sit 5 minutes. Then serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers in fridge up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535 Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 280mg Sodium: 711mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0.4g Sugar: 1g Protein: 48g
Note* the high amount of fat and calories is due to the marinade.