It’s FINALLY time for college football and I am so ready for this change. With 2020 putting a pause on football, our beloved SEC said “Not so fast”. The first Alabama game is September 26th. So close!
Football brings in fall weather and moves us closer to the best part of the year for me: holidays. I love everything about fall in Alabama, including the first football weekend being hotter than blue blazes.
While I love rich hearty soups and stews on football Saturdays, I just can’t enjoy it with temps in the 90s.
This weekend, I’m bringing out this Jalepeno-lime chicken dish. It’s full of flavor, but not so heavy that I feel like a slug afterwards.
These are gluten-free and work great forKeto, Paleo and Whole30. I served mine with a spicy ranch dipping sauce. I could feed a crowd with these and some loaded potato skins. Bring on the touchdowns! ROLL TIDE!!
Jalepeno lime chicken
Spicy jalepeno and fresh tart lime juice combine for a flavorful and easy tailgate dish. Perfect for quick week night meals, too.
- 2 lbs chicken drumettes, approximately 16-20 drumettes
- 1/2 cup olive oil, light or extra virgin
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds and course chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper, In adobo sauce (canned)
- 1/2 cup water
- Prepare the marinade. In a blender, add oil, lime juice and zest, jalapeno, chipotle pepper, garlic. Pulse until completely chopped and blended.
- In a large zip top bag, add all the chicken drumettes. Pour the marinade over the top. Zip close and marinate in fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Lay the chicken in a single layer. THROW AWAY BAG OF CHICKEN MARINADE. Bake 15 minutes. Remove. Turn the chicken. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a cookie drying rack and let sit 5 minutes. Then serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers in fridge up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 535Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 280mgSodium: 711mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 1gProtein: 48g
Note* the high amount of fat and calories is due to the marinade.
Wednesday 7th of July 2021
I really love this recipe. Please share more and keep up the good work