It is week 4 and our challenge was to get 15,000 steps a day. I did it on Monday and Friday.
How is our team EAST COAST doing? Well..it depends on which site you look.
I have no idea who is winning since both sites have different leaders. Interesting.
So that’s all folks. The contest ends this week. What will I take away from this challenge?
- I’m much more aware of the many opportunities I have with my job to get more walking in my routine.
- Walking is good! While I love running, walking just seems to keep my joints happy. Sitting too long brings on a sluggish feeling that makes me want to just take a long nap.
- Wearing a fitness tracker is a HUGE motivational tool.
- Being part of challenges is also a HUGE motivational tool.
- I should never complain about my treadmill again. That thing saw more action in the past 4 weeks than the past 4 months.
I was extremely honored to be selected for this challenge. To be chosen as a member of a team of only 10 people in the East half of the US was a very big honor for me. Working with our team and with Shape.com was a fantastic experience.