I’m HUNGRY this week! I had 3 hard days of workouts and I’m not hydrated enough and now I’m craving serious food. I don’t want snacks. I don’t want *gasp* “chick food”. I want red meat.
I found this recipe from the Pioneer Woman and while I wish she would disclose her original recipe sources, she IS great at finding good ones. This is a cheap girl’s version of fillet mignon wrapped in bacon. This is a thick beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon. I’m not a beef snob, but I will pay for a good cut of beef. Just not $35.00 for fillet mignon. For that much, I bought the beef, bacon, wine, and fruit for dessert.
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 beef filet steak, 8 to 10 ounces, 2 inches thick
- 1 piece thin bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter, more if needed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Generously salt and pepper both sides of the steak. Wrap the steak with the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil.
- When melted, add the steak to the skillet and sear on both sides until a really nice color, about 1 minute per side.
- Remove the skillet from the stovetop and place into the oven to finish cooking.
- Cook until medium rare, 7 to 10 minutes. (Use a thermometer if needed)
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
That is some good eating!