A day that begins with this…..
…..is going to be a good day.
Last night we had to coolest weather since last spring and it feels absolutely wonderful outside. It was even chilly enough for the long sleeved game shirt.
It is pumpkin weather and I’m sure everyone is NOT surprised that I broke out the pumpkin butter. I’ve been saving it for the first fall weekend when I would have time to enjoy the crunchy granola, pumpkin and almond butter, and the front porch chair.
This is my favorite way to make oatmeal. I like mine with bananas stirred in it. The bananas add a whipped texture that is so far from sticky and gummy. I hate the way milk reduces oatmeal to a gelatinous mess. A good banana fixes that.
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of dry oats. I like the old fashioned oats.
- 1 small banana sliced very thin
- 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin butter
- 1 Tablespoon of almond butter
- 1/8 cup of granola
1. Boil the water. Pour in the oats. Reduce to med-high heat and stir until almost done.
2. Add sliced bananas and stir like crazy. Bananas will melt into the oatmeal.
3. Pour into a bowl and top with anything and everything. I listed my favorite combination.