I love quinoa. I love Kale. Why not put them together?
I only started eating kale in the past couple of years when I read they were not as bitter as turnip greens. I love them mixed in just about anything because they wilt down and have a mild flavor. Better yet, they are a seriously nutritious green food.
Quinoa and greens
- 2 cups of broth, choose your favorite flavor.
- 1 cup of quinoa, RINSED
- 3 cups washed, trimmed, chopped kale
- 1 cup chopped ham or chicken, cooked. I used smoked ham.
- Boil broth.
- Add quinoa. Reduce heat to simmer, UNCOVERED. Cook 10 minutes.
- Add kale and ham. Cover. Cook 7-10 more minutes until kale is fully wilted.
- Fluff with fork.