I’m not going to pretend to like bleu cheese. In my opinion, it is the stinkiest of the stinky feet cheeses. It is right up there with Dorito breath and garlic. When I found an easy black and bleu salad recipe, I changed a couple of things. I nixed the bleu and added parm.
To make this a VERY quick dinner, I used seasoned beef strips and a bag of already trimmed and washed green beans.
- 1 lb of seasoned beef strips
- 2 cups of green beans, halved
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 4 cups of baby romaine
- 2 Tablespoons shredded/grated parmesan
- 5 wheat bagel chips, broken into bite size pieces
- dressing of choice. I used ranch instead of bleu cheese
1. Heat the beef and beans. Turn off heat and let it cool slightly so it will not obliterate the greens.
2. Place greens in a large bowl. Add beef and beans. Add carrots.
3. Sprinkle with parmesan shavings and bagel chip pieces.
We ate this about 9pm tonight after finishing taxes. This was almost titled “times are lean salad”.