I learned something new about myself. I’m a big ol’ chicken. I am kicking myself for not taking food pictures. Taking the camera out in front of family at a crowded restaurant…..give me the chills. Normally, I’m not that afraid of stuff like that. I’ll probably never see the people in the restaurant again. And for all they know, I’m some food critic on assignment. I had some fabulous new food while down in Destin…grilled grouper, scallops, some other fish I can’t think of the name right now, but the point is…I have nothing to show for it. I have nothing to blog about. Trust me, it was AWESOME! I do have pictures of a couple of restaurant signs but that’s it.
So, breakfast this morning was a green smoothie and oatmeal. I miss my oatmeal.
And this brings me to my next discussion.
FLAXSEED. Specifically, ground flaxseed. The seeds themselves are so small, they pass right through. If you grind them, you get the full benefits. And there are many.
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75- 800 times more lignans than other plant foods
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
This one was made from frozen mango, pineapple, and peaches. I have to stop and give another boost to Publix grocery stores. They have such a wide variety of natural foods. I love berries and fruit for smoothies, but buying fresh out of season is very expensive. I found the Publix brand of frozen fruit. I love the ingredient list—just fruit. Nothing added to preserve color. No sugar added. Just..fruit!
- Amazing Grass Amazing Meal in Pomegranate and Mango
- Fage 0% greek yogurt-1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup of water
Don’t knock the looks of it! The taste is a very slightly grainy tropical fruit mix. It’s really good!! This stuff is better than any other wheat grass I’ve tried. Eons better.