I’m not really sure if “conundrum” is an accurate description. I’m one of those annoying people who wait to read a series or trilogy until all the books are done. The only series I read and wait for is the In Death series and that’s because Nora Roberts is 34 books deep into it. But I waited to start the Twilight series. And don’t shoot me, but I didn’t really get that one and I didn’t finish it. I devoured the Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, and others.
I HATE waiting months for new installments. So I held off on the Hunger Games until Mockingjay was released. But the reviews are not great. I’m curious about the hype especially with a movie coming out. However, I tend to get deeply involved in characters. That is why I can’t read any more Nicholas Sparks books, and my favorite book of all time happens to be The Notebook.
So, I’m wondering if I should start the series and get it done or save it for vacation or just skip it?
While I’m thinking about it, I’m going to put an end to my own hunger games.
- 1.5 cups spelt flour (or use 1.5 cups of pancake baking mix)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- Toppings of choice
1. Stir dry ingredients together
2. Add milk.
3. Add butter. Don’t be afraid…just pour it right in.
4. Add maple extract.
5. Stir all the dry and wet together.
6. FOLD in the blueberries.
7. Pour into waffle iron and cook according to directions. Serve with fresh blueberries and maple syrup.