No snow. Is anybody surprised? Some people close to me got plenty, but not a flake for our town. And instead of snow, we have rain and 34*. Miserable.
Countdown to the St. Jude Memphis Marathon is almost done. Saturday is the big dance and I’m not loving this week. So many doubts and then a lovely brand spanking new sinus infection to make me feel just as miserable as possible.
So what does one do when life feels like cold rain?
1. Get the gaudiest cheesiest coffee mug you can find. This thing is huge.
2. Brew coffee however you like it.
3. In your empty mug, add whatever sugar/sub you like. Add 2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder.
4. Pour in coffee. Stir to combine. Stir for a while. Those little cocoa powder balls are not good when you slurp one down.
5. Add creamer if you like.
6. Peppermint extract—NOT OIL- 2 drops.
7. Add whipped cream and top with a few crushed peppermint bits.
8. Congratulate yourself on being the master of holiday drinks. Make the eggnog moose cups look like spit cups from the dentist.