It’s a new year and a new Whole 30! I took this to school for lunch last week and my friends demanded the recipe so here it is!
Whether you are participating in a Whole 30 or you just need a new breakfast recipe for the new year, this one is perfect. This is a combination of sausage, vegetables, and eggs and it is so easy to put together. If you are NOT worried about Whole30 compliance, adding cheese at the end of baking can take it to another level.
I include this is my weekend meal prep and divide the servings into bowls ready to grab and go in the mornings. The whole casserole is freezer-friendly, as well. Enjoy!
- 1 lb of ground pork sausage
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 4-5 pieces chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 8 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsely
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease/spray a 9x13 pan.
- Cook sausage thoroughly in a large pan. Remove from heat. Add chopped vegetables to bowl and stir. Spread evenly in bottom of pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs completely. Add salt and pepper. Pour eggs evenly over sausage and vegetable mixture.
- Bake 350* for 40 minutes. If center is not completely done, add 5 more minutes.
- Remove and let rest 10 minutes. Sprinkle chopped parsley. Cut into 6 servings.