Quick cooking is the name of the game this week. In some ways, I’m more busy now than I was during the school year. We are getting ready for a long vacation and I’m trying to get caught up on a LOT of cleaning and organizing before I did out the vacation list.
This recipe came together very quickly. By cooking the bacon first and setting aside, the rest of the ingredients were finished in 10 minutes. Adding lemon at the end brightened up the flavors with some tartness to go with the salty bacon. Since I’m still going strong with strict Paleo until vacation time, this recipe is also Whole30 compliant.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper as needed
- In a large heated pan, cook the strips of bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside.
- With pan on medium heat, add the mushrooms and Brussels sprouts. Toss to coat vegetables and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Crumble bacon over pan, add salt and pepper and lemon juice. Toss together. Remove from heat and top with lemon zest. Serve immediately.