Things are moving fast around here. Vacation is coming up and it’s a big one. I’m working on getting everything packed, ordering food items, getting back to full-time blogging (yay!) and eating all the greens I can. Spring is full of green and all the rain we’ve had only makes more greens for the farmer’s markets.
This is easy to make and loaded with protein. If you do not have all the ingredients, you really can’t go wrong with using any salad vegetables with this cut of meat. This steak marinade and dressing is also Paleo and Whole30 compliant. A large portion of the ingredients are due to marinade and dressing. If you have another favorite dressing on hand, discount the ingredients and prep for the dressing.
- 2 cups of mixed greens and arugula
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 5-6 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos, a soy-free soy sauce substitute
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger, or grate some fresh ginger
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dill, dried or 2chopped fresh
- 1/2 tsp Cilantro, dried or 2chopped fesh
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbs full fat canned coconut milk
- Combine the aminos, oil, lemon juice, and ginger and add to a large zip-top bag. Add the steak and shake. Let steak marinate at least 30min.
- To cook the steak, preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat the pan in a little oil or butter. Add the steak and DO NOT MOVE. Let the steak sear 3 minutes on one side. Turn the steak over and cook 1-2 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove steak to a cutting board and let it rest 5 minutes.
- Using a very sharp knife, slice the steak thinly against the grain. Set aside until ready to assemble salad.
- To make the dressing, combine egg, vinegar, salt, dill, and cilantro in a food processor. Pulse a few times.
- Slowly add the oil while holding the ‘grind’ button. Continue grinding until all the oil has emulsified.
- Add the coconut milk and pulse a few times until thoroughly mix. Serve immediately. Save the rest in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.
- Layer a bed of lettuce on a large plate. Add onions and radishes. Add strips of steak. Salt and pepper, if needed. Slowly drizzle the dressing.