This is pretty much a free-for-all about anything related to the holidays. I love reading about traditions of others so I’m sharing a few fun holiday facts that happen at my house.
1. Coffee mugs. Lots and lots of festive holiday mugs. I started the collection a few years ago and it just gets more fabulous each year.
2. Rockin’ around the Christmas trees. I have 4 to choose from. Family, Kitchen/cooking/gingerbread, Alabama, and Snowman. Each tree has a story.
3. Painting ornaments. We go to All Fired Up, a local pottery studio, to paint an ornament. Our first Christmas, we were down on our luck and broke. BROKE. I saw some little wooden ornaments at walmart and bought one of those little sets of paints in the little clear pots. We painted ornaments instead of buying them. We did that each year until we started going to this pottery studio. Our tree is full of our painted ornaments.
4. Sing along. This year, I used my UE Boom bluetooth speaker instead of trying to wrestle with the cord to my ancient stereo system. The volume on my stereo is not working right so this little speaker has taken its place. Using Pandora’s variety of holiday music stations, I have Christmas music playing all the time.
5. All the smells. I have a Yankee problem. This isn’t all of them. This is just what I have spread through 3 rooms.
6. All the movies. I start with Christmas Vacation the day after Halloween. As November moves along, I’ll add more movies to the watch list. The Grinch is one of my favorites. This year, Christmas with the Kranks got some repeat viewing time.
These are just a few of the traditions that I look forward to each year. I have a few more, but I start sneaking these in during the first week of November. I proudly embrace my Holi-CRAZY!