Summer is in full swing here and the markets are full of fresh produce. Lately, I have seen some asparagus in a few stalls and knew I wanted a big pan of roasted stalks. Roasting vegetables brings out a flavor that is truly unique and flavorful.
I found the recipe from Cooking Light and I knew this would be fantastic. Potatoes, asparagus, and plenty of spice. This was a very easy recipe. The only hard part was turning on the oven in Alabama in July. Thank goodness we are having a cool rainy spell so it’s not very hard at all 😉
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh or 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 small red potatoes (about 3/4 pound), quartered
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine 1 teaspoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, thyme, peppers, and potatoes in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450º for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese and 1/2 teaspoon garlic.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Combine 1 teaspoon oil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon garlic, and asparagus. Add asparagus mixture to dish. Bake for 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender.