Grilling season is in full swing! I’m ready to put anything on the grill that I can. I’m a firm believer that if it can fit on a skewer, it should be grilled. I bought some beautiful peppers this weekend and while I love steak and peppers, this savory pesto shrimp recipe looked easy but full of flavor. This one is from the July issue of Cooking Light magazine. I used my indoor grill pan and these were finished before I had the salad made.
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 32 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 16 (1-inch) squares red bell pepper
- 16 (1-inch) squares yellow bell pepper
- 8 (8-inch) skewers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- Combine pesto, lemon juice, and shrimp; toss. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Thread shrimp and red and yellow bell pepper alternately onto skewers. Sprinkle evenly with salt.
- Place skewers on a grill rack or pan coated with cooking spray. Grill 7 minutes, turning skewers occasionally for an even char.
- Note: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes before grilling.