These things are OUTSTANDING!!!!
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds ( or any other nut)
3/4 cup dried fruit
1 tsp cinnamon, ground cloves, and pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
3/4 cups skim milk
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry. Stir to combine.
- Pour into a 9×9 baking dish either coated in cooking spray or lined with parchment.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cut into 9 squares.
- Makes 9 servings . Each bar is appx. 165 calories, 3 grams fiber and 5 grams protein.
- You can double the recipe and use a 9×13 baking dish. While delicious, the only sweetness in these comes from the dried fruit. Add in 1/4 – 1/2 cup brown sugar if you like.
- The variations are endless: cranberries, coconut, all kinds of dried fruit, nuts, etc.