I made this yesterday, and it’s almost gone. I’m the only one in the house eating it. I have zero shame in the matter. ZERO. It’s so good and I have used it on salads, with raw veggies, and straight out of the bowl. I have 2 pieces left and I have wicked plans for it that might include a Whole 30 mayo recipe for Chicken salad.
Green Chili Chicken (adapted from Meatified)
- 1 lb of chicken breasts, skin removed and sliced into strips.
- 1 cup of avocado oil, olive oil substituted if needed
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 Jalapeños, seeded and diced.
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro
- In a food process or blender, combine all ingredients EXCEPT CHICKEN and pulverize into happiness.
- Slice breasts into tender sizes, unless you bought it already sliced.
- Place chicken in a zip seal bag or sealable bowl. Pour mixture on top. Marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Get pan warm using medium-low setting. You do NOT want to rush this on high or you’ll have green chicken bricks.
- Place chicken in pan and DO NOT MOVE IT for about 8 minutes. THROW AWAY MARINADE. Wash hands and surfaces completely.
- Allow the bottom to brown. Once they are almost done and just the centers are still pink, they are ready to flip over.
- Finish cooking 3-5 minutes and remove.
- DO NOT ALLOW MARINADE TO TOUCH COOKED CHICKEN! It should already be in trash can.