I am a long time Southern girl at heart and nothing is better than a big breakfast of eggs and grits with butter and cheese. I could eat it everyday. However, corn does not love me back. It is about as inflammatory as brown rice. I will enjoy it on a cold weekend but I’m aware of the consequences. I can deal with a severe bloating and achy knees and fingers knowing it will go away by Monday.
I still love my eggs, over easy. I just now put them on top of sautéed greens. I need garlic and lemon to make it worth my time but the final product is worth of a long Saturday morning watching Food Network and Alabama pre-game shows.
Whole 30 compliant
- 3 cups of raw kale
- 3Tablespoons butter or ghee (clarified butter), divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
1. Preheat pan to med.high. Add butter. After it just starts to turn brown, add the greens and garlic and toss quickly to coat.
2. With a lid in hand, quickly pour in 1/4 cup of chicken broth or water. Cover immediately. Let it cook until wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Add salt+pepper and toss. Plate the greens.
3. Wipe out the pan and add 1 Tablespoon of butter. After it melts, begin cooking eggs. All all 3 to pan and let them set on med-low heat. Flip, if desired, or let them cook through to desired doneness.
4. Salt+pepper as needed and place on top of greens.