During this round of Whole30, creating recipes for breakfast is slowing getting easier and more fun. I’ve never been a cereal-and-toast breakfast person anyway so expanding beyond the stereotypical breakfast is natural. Eating more paleo breakfast dishes helps carry me through the morning until lunch time. This could be a complete breakfast in itself, but I combine this with my baked egg cups for a very filling and higher protein meal. This is Whole30 compliant with chicken sausage with no nitrates or sugar. I made this in 15 minutes because I had leftover roasted sweet potatoes and I like my apples with a little crunch left to them. Let me know if you like this!
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and diced
- 1 package of chicken sausage
- 1 Tablespoon chopped sage or 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Heat pan over medium. Add butter and let it melt.
- Add onion and apple. Cook until onion is almost done.
- Add sausage and let it cook through. If it is already fully cooked, let it heat through.
- Add sage and sweet potato. Carefully fold together in pan.
- Serve immediately or keep in fridge 4-5 days.