We had yet ANOTHER delay at school today. This time, for extreme cold. One of these days, I’m going to get my snow in the winter. We’ve had “not cold enough” and “not enough moisture” so I’m hoping for a great combo of both to make snow. Until then..I’m still eating leftovers out of the freezer. I have been in a weird funk lately where all I do is workout and sleep. I’m not hungry lately AT ALL.
But tonight, I cooked.
File this one under quick and easy. I often throw things in a pan and plan for the best, beware the worst. This one was too easy.
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb sausage, sliced
- 1 lb gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 bunch green beans, about 2 cups if chopped
- 1 cup broth or water
- salt pepper
- vegetable seasoning blend of choice
- Preheat pan on med heat
- Add oil and let heat until it shimmers
- Add potatoes and toss until fully coated. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausage, spices, and broth. Stir completely and lower heat to med-low simmer.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add green beans and cover pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir, serve.
- Run 1.5 steady and slow because my legs are shot.
- This metcon:
I’m so ready for a weekend. I want to sleep a lot and then maybe go do the 15 mile loop at the lake if the weather cooperates. Happy Thursday!!