It’s been a while for her. But she knew when she saw all the Christmas decorations that it wouldn’t be long until she saw some action. Lola is about to get dusty.
Mama Pea’s Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Balls.
I saw this recipe and knew I had to try it, but a lighter version since I’m cutting out sugar.
Here is my tweaked skinny-ish recipe
Makes 12-18 dough balls
- 1/2 c. margerine or butter
- 3/4 c. natural peanut butter
- 1/4 c. Splenda Brown sugar blend (48 grams sugar)
- 1/2 c.natural applesauce (6 grams sugar total)
- 1/2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 3/4 t. salt
- 1 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 c. unbleached organic flour
- 1/4 c. peanut butter chips (18g. sugar total)
- 1/2 c. bittersweet chocolate chips (18 grams sugar total)
- 80grams of sugar for whole recipe. This made 20 balls. 4 grams of sugar for each dough ball.
1. Mix the butter, peanut butter, applesauce, sugar blend, vanilla in mixer. The applesauce
will give it a grainy texture.
2. Stir the flours and powder and soda together. Pour slowly into mixer on low speed. Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
3. CHILL FOR 30 MINUTES!!
4. Use a mini scooper or your hands to roll into 18-20 golf-ball sized balls.
Bake 350* for 10-12 minutes. Try not to eat them all before you get to this step. Save some for later.
5. They do not look a lot different, but they are done! Allow to sit for a minute before transferring to cooling rack.
********We inerrupt this recipe for Emergency Moose Surgery***********
Stephen loves this hat, but I think he enjoys making me laugh a little more. The moose lost an antler during the decorating….3 years ago. I found it THIS YEAR in the box of tree ornaments for the kitchen tree.
********Back to baking********
After they cool on the rack, devour at will. And yes, I have to use one of my many holiday plates in every freakin’ blog post. I love them therefore I use them.