I’m getting a little bored with the store bought stuff that has way too much cumin and tahini for my taste. Now that I have a new speedy mini processor, I needed to make some hummus to take to work. I decided to try my favorite combinations of lemon, garlic, and rosemary.
Lemon Garlic Hummus
This recipe does NOT use cumin or tahini.
- 1 can of chickpeas or Garbanzo beans, drained and reserve liquid
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons of the dried stuff
- salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle of paprika
1. Drain beans and put in food processor.
2. Add lemon juice, zest, oil, garlic, and rosemary.
3. Blend/pulse until desired consistency. If more liquid is needed, add reserved liquid from beans, 1 Tablespoon at a time.
Speaking of taking lunch to work, check out my big girl “lunchable”. I like having my lunch in one place. I used to stack bowls and bags in my lunch bag and then spend too much time figuring out what I want to eat for lunch, what I want to save for afternoon snack and pre-run snack. With this, all my choices for lunch are in one place. I just open and either eat or save. No digging in my bag. I still have various foods and snacks in my bag, but with only 20 minutes to each lunch, I need it streamlined. This has a bowl of soup, oranges in silicone muffin cups, a bowl of mixed nuts, a bowl of hummus, and a bag of veggies. I actually had time to eat most of this. I guess this would be the cheapo version of a Bento box.
It’s only January. Plenty of time to make good intentions become good habits.