I dug around in my cabinet and pulled out my Zoodle-maker. It really is easy-to-use and I need to actually use it more often. This is week 1 of Whole30 and zoodles are a great way to get some typical “pasta” dishes in rotation. I had some fresh shrimp so I made this in less than 30 minutes. The key to good zucchini noodles is to NOT overcook them. I mean..3 minutes. Maximum. I like a little crunch to mine, so these cooked in 3 minutes after I turned off the heat under the pan.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 lb of medium shrimp, peeled.
- 2 TB butter, or ghee to be Whole30 compliant
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 TB chipotle powder
- juice of 1 lime
- salt pepper as needed
- Using a noodle-maker such as Paderno or Vegetti, make 2 cups of zucchini noodles. Salt and let drain in colander or over a towel-lined sheet pan.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and garlic and melt completely.
- Add shrimp, red pepper, and chipotle powder. Saute' 3-5 minutes until just past pink. Do not overcook.
- Leave pan on the heat source and turn OFF heat. Add zucchini noodles and stir through often for no more than 3 minutes. They should be tender with a little crunch left.
- Add lime juice. Toss and serve immediately.