This is another one of those clean out the fridge and hope for the best meals. I had some vegetables just waiting for something magical and some chicken that needed to be cooked today.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1 cup of broth or water
- 2 TB of Tamari sauce, gluten-free soy sauce OR Coconut aminos
- 1 large bunch of kale, chopped
- salt/pepper as needed
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and heat. Salt and pepper each thigh. Cook in one layer in pan, 7 minutes on one side. Flip and cook 5 minutes on the other side. Remove from skillet.
- Add carrot, onion, and bell pepper. Saute' for 5 minutes. Add kale, broth or water, and Tamari sauce. Cook another 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Dice chicken into cubes. Add to vegetables. Toss together and serve.
Before I made dinner, I had some time and the energy to sweat a little. I didn’t really want to, but it’s not about what I want. I’m in dire need of pushing my body to the limits just to see if I still can. This is an older workout but it’s so effective. It requires a deck of cards, some time, and a killer playlist. The Deck of Death.