I love having the time to make and enjoy a good breakfast. This morning, I woke up to frost on my pumpkin, a sore throat, and pumpkin on my mind. This is starting to be a weekend tradition. But after I really looked beyond the yumminess of pumpkin and noticed the nutrition facts, I need more pumpkin.
The clean fall fruit
- antioxidants– help strengthen our immune system
- beta-carotene–converts to Vitamin A and helps reduce the risk of cancer and helps prevent build up of cholesterol on the arterial walls, thus reducing chances of strokes. Pumpkin is rich with the following:
- Vitamin A—296& of RDA!!
- Vitamin C
- Niacin, Vitamin E, Calcium and Iron
- carotenoids, which is known for keeping the immune system of an individual strong and healthy
- alpha-carotene, pumpkin is believed to slow the process of aging and also prevent cataract formation
- reduce the risk of macular degeneration
- high amount of fiber
- potassium, pumpkin is associated with lowering the risk of hypertension
- zinc in pumpkins boosts the immune system and also improves the bone density
Oatmeal, water, cinnamon, pumpkin, pumpkin granola, flaxseed.
This is clean eating at its best.
Speaking of health and nutrition, this sinus infection is getting the best of me. I enjoyed a lazy Saturday while waiting to go to a football party. Lunch was leftover pork loin with apple and cheese all in a corn tortilla. I guess it could be a quesadilla? Whatever it was, I called it good. It was filling, but not too much.
First frost of the year.