I love discovering new ways to cook chicken. Lately, I’ve been on a boneless chicken thigh kick. I like the flavor and I do not miss the dry texture of breasts. This is the first time I’ve used basil and lime and it won’t be my last. I LOVED this combination and I will definitely keep this in my chicken rotation.
In order to keep this compliant with Whole 30, I used a dijon without wine or sugar and used coconut aminos, which is a soy and wheat free substitution to soy sauce.
Basil Lime Chicken (adapted from this recipe)
- Combine the zest and juice of 2 limes, Olive Oil, Mustard, Tamari, 3 onions, 2 garlic cloves salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cut chicken into even cutlets and place in a gallon sized baggie.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill.
- Place chicken on grill and grill for 7 minutes.
- Then flip and cook until internal temp reaches 170.
- Remove from grill and let meat rest.
- Meanwhile combine juice and zest of one lime with extra virgin olive oil, 3 chopped onions, 2 minced garlic cloves, basil.
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces and pour sauce over top.