I go back to work tomorrow for 2 days of teacher work days and the kids come back Thursday. With the big holiday season now behind us, what am I looking forward to? SNOW! And a little football game on the 9th. Alabama will be trying to win its 14th National Championship. It’s on a Monday night..and some weather forecasting sites are suggesting snow might be on the horizon on the 10th. How crazy would that be? An NC win and out the next day for snow?? It happened 2 years ago and it could happen again ;-) Of course, my main man, James Spann isn’t saying anything about the cold white stuff, so I’m not too excited yet. When he breaks out the suspenders, there will be no point in trying to calm me down. Come on, James, give me some good news!!
I’m tired of rich holiday food.
Chicken Lasagna roll ups
- 1/2 cups marina sauce
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups of part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella, divided
- 4 slices of mozzarella, cut in half.
- 1 cup of chopped bella mushrooms
- 5-6 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped or shredded or meat from 1 deboned chicken
- Heat oven to 350. Lay marinara in bottom of 9×13 pan.
- boil noodles until done. Drain and lay flat on clean towel or pan.
- Mix rest of the ingredients (1/2 cup of shredded mozz). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay half of mozzarella slice on noodle. Spoon chicken filling down the middle 2/3rds of the noodle. Roll up and lay seam side down in pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Cook 30 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle other half cup of mozz over top of roll ups. Return to oven to melt, approx 5 min. Remove and enjoy.