I have big plans for this weekend. They do NOT include spending 12 hours at the doctor’s office getting fluids. Only 4 hours on Sunday. I get the whole day off on Saturday. I won’t be running. I won’t be working out at all. But I have made plans to go to Birmingham to some of my favorite places in preparation for the HUGE Alabama game this weekend against Florida.
I may have one of these on my plate, too. This is another cupcake from Sweet’s Cupcakes and Cookies. It’s a red velvet with vanilla butter cream frosting and grey butter cream Big Al. Two local bakeries have a Big Al cupcake on their fall football menu and both are wonderful. This one has an amazing red velvet cake. You can taste the chocolate, but none of the red food coloring.
So, now that I have rested up all week, no longer wearing an IV port in my hand, and am feeling like I’m in the home stretch of rhabdo recovery, what will I make this first cool weekend of fall?
- Gumbo for game day. I wish I had the guts to put in some alligator (we are playing Florida Gators), but I’ll just deal with plain Gulf Coast seafood.
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
- Saturday morning oatmeal with pumpkin butter. I can’t wait!!
- FINALLY master Kelly’s football brownies—I’ve tried 3 times and can’t get them right.
- the first Baby Food Spice cake of the year.
- Roast pork with root vegetables.
- Mulled cider. Tomorrow is National Mulled Cider day and since our temps will fall drastically, I must have this ready for a cool night on the eve of my favorite month. Plus, I have my new Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown mug ready.
I have a lot planned and I’m ready to get a head start tomorrow. Welcome Weekend!!