Does anything about that title sound healthy? Not really, but I promise that it is! In the past, I made a very rich flavorful alfredo sauce and loaded up the shrimp with wine, butter, and cheese. I made a few changes with this dish and added a lot more flavor with the Cajun spices., fresh vegetables, and herbs. And we didn’t miss the butter.
- 1 lb of peeled and deveined shrimp.
- 1/2 cup of onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of red and green peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed OR 1 cup of frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 lb linguini, cooked according to directions on the box
- 2/3 cup of Newman’s Own LIGHT Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup of white wine OR vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- chopped green onions for garnish
1. Saute’ onions, peppers, celery, garlic, and corn for 4-5 minutes until onions are transluscent. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning.
2. Add shrimp and cook over medium high heat until they turn pink. Just as they start turning pink, add the wine and use a wooden spoon to deglaze the pan and mix the vegetables and shrimp. Cook an additional 2 minutes until all shrimp are fully pink. Immediately remove from heat.
3. In a 2 quart saucepan, cook the linguini and drain. Add the alfredo sauce and mix well.
4. Serve the shrimp over noodles and top with green onions. This will make 4 servings, heavy on the shrimp and vegetables.