The holiday season is so hectic. I’m trying to balance cooking healthy for every day meals at home with enjoying the seasonal treats and cooking projects. Some meals just get lost in the shuffle. I’m looking for EASY breakfasts this week. I found this recipe at Cooking Light and it is a real winner. I can double or triple it for both of us to eat on during the week. It works great paired with a salad for a quick dinner after the holiday programs and PTO meetings!
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat broiler to high.
2. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Wrap pepper in foil; let stand 15 minutes. Peel and slice.
3. Preheat oven to 350°.
4. Heat a 9-inch nonstick, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add zucchini; cook 6 minutes. Stir in bell pepper; reduce heat to medium.
5. Combine remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add to zucchini mixture; cook 2 minutes or until edges are set. Bake at 350° for 16 minutes or until center is set. Let stand 15 minutes. Cut into 6 wedges.