This is super easy to assemble and bake. I make a variation of this just about every weekend, especially during the month of Whole 30. This one was one of the best yet!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 lb of ground pork
- 8 oz of frozen spinach, thawed and drained through a towel.
- 10 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon total of minced rosemary, thyme, sage
- 1 Tablespoon cooking fat (coconut oil, butter, olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Prepare pork. Add herbs and salt+pepper as needed. Mix through until well distributed.
- In a 9×9 pan, oil the bottom on sides.
- Slice potato into thin circles using a mandolin or knife.
- Layer potato into bottom of pan, overlapping edges slightly.
- Add pork and spread over potato to the edges.
- Layer spinach over the pork.
- Scramble eggs in a large bowl and pour over entire pan slowly. Jiggle the pan slightly to evenly distribute the eggs.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes. Make sure eggs are fully set in the middle.
- Let it cool on a rack for 30 minutes and cut/serve/store!