Spring is finally here! The strawberries are finally showing up in farmers’ markets everywhere in the south and I wanted to make a tall cool smoothie. Cooking Light has plenty of smoothies options but this one takes the cake. The key to a fantastic strawberry smoothie is having a blender that can really grind those seeds so you do not have grit with every sip.
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla soy milk
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 peeled kiwifruit, halved
- 3 firm bananas, peeled and halved
Place all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Chill thoroughly.