Despite the horrendous day, I was craving food. I wanted meat and greens and for some reason, salmon kept coming to mind.
I love salmon and I really like it plain with just lemon and dill. But I wanted a little more muscle behind it because I’m haven’t been eating a lot. Even with the bad headache, I craved food.
Pecan Herb Salmon
- 1 cup of pecans
- 6-7 leaves of basil
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 salmon fillets
- a few crushed pecans for browning on top (optional. I like pretty food)
1. In the food processor, crush and combine the pecans, basil, oil, and salt.
2. Spread on top of salmon.
3. Bake at 450* for 20 minutes.
4. Sprinkle a few plain pecans pieces on top and put under broiler for about 45 seconds (optional)
With the salmon, I also roasted some broccoli and mushrooms. I topped them with some chipotle lime infused olive oil.