Yes, I’m reaching a great divide for blog titles lately. It’s possible that my recent foray into the land of the Sugarplum Fairy and other members of the Sugar Posse has caused a total lack of judgment, sense, and logic. In other words, I’m pretty much useless. So bear with me as I try to bring some original content with those two ideas into 1 seamless blog post.
First, this burger was so good, I wish I had made a whole 2nd grill pan of them. There is a definite difference between grass-fed/finished and stockyard beef. If you cook it right, it should be tender and almost melt in your mouth, even the ground beef. I used a tip from George Bryant of The Civilized Caveman and added lemon juice to my ground beef. I threw some sweet potatoes in the oven while these burgers were on the grill pan and the onions were doing their big dance in the butter bath I made for them. I started with the onions first because they will take 20 minutes at least to get deep brown.
- 1/4 cup of butter
- One medium onion, cut into short thin strips
- Heat a pan over med heat. Melt butter.
- Add onions and slowly carmelize, stirring frequently. They will begin to brown with the butter.
- Continue stirring frequently until they are a deep brown and soft.
- 2 lbs grass-fed beef
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt/pepper (I used Penzey’s Shallot Pepper)
1. Combine the beef, lemon juice, and salt/pepper. Shape into 6 burgers. Heat a grill pan to medium heat. Coat pan in olive oil.
2. Grill burgers 8-10 minutes per side or until center reaches 160*. Remove and keep warm.
Do some deep squats with a heavy load for buns that are squeezable and fit nicely into jeans that are not sized for girls with great glutes. That’s my tip of the day. Eat more meat and lift more weight. After all, us girls know the more we lift, the more we look like men, right?
And I’m done. Out. Snoozeville, here I come.