I really need to branch out from salmon. But Cooking Light has so many fresh new ways to prepare salmon and I try to enjoy it at least once a week. This week, I’m using orange and rosemary. I’ve never used these two together so I was looking forward to the flavor combination.
Perhaps my favorite combination is teriyaki maple (gluten free teriyaki, of course). I also love chipotle maple. See a pattern? I like the sweet/heat or sweet/savory combinations the best. And now I have a new one with orange rosemary. This was so simple to prepare!
- Sprinkle fillets evenly with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add fillets; cook 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots; sauté 30 seconds. Stir in rosemary; cook 30 seconds.
- Add juice and syrup; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute. Return fillets to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until thoroughly heated.