With the shorter days upon us, I find myself craving the sheet pan dinners that work best on busy weeknights. I love the simplicity of the vegetables and bacon. And I love experimenting with various flavors for the dressing to coat before roasting.
This is very easy but packed with flavor. I loved freshly shaved Parmesan for the finishing salty bite. Use whatever mustard you have on hand. I had plenty of Dijon stored. I use good extra virgin olive oil. I like to buy already sliced mushrooms for dinners like this. The best of store-bought and homemade in one pan.
Garlic Ginger Roasted Broccoli
- 3 cups broccoli crowns
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves minced garlic, or 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbs ginger, ground
- 5 strips bacon, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Prepare the dressing. Combine oil, mustard, seasonings in a large bowl. Use a whisk to mix together. Set aside.
- Chop broccoli crowns, bacon, and mushrooms. Remove to large sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and bacon. Toss to coat all pieces. Bake 450* for 10 minutes. Toss again and roast for another 4=5 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Serve immedately