I love waffles, but the simple act of digging out the waffle iron is confusing to me. Why make waffles when pancakes would be easier?
Because without waffles, there are no little pockets of blueberry goodness.
And when fall arrives and cold air is waiting, blueberry goodness is something to look forward to.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- Toppings of choice
1. Stir dry ingredients together
2. Add milk.
3. Add butter. Don’t be afraid…just pour it right in.
4. Add maple (or vanilla or almond. pick an extract)
5. Stir all the dry and wet together.
6. FOLD in the blueberries.
Pour into waffle iron and cook according to directions. Serve with fresh blueberries and maple syrup.