I made this Cooking Light recipe couple of weeks ago and it was such a huge hit, I’ve made it twice since then. In fact, this gluten-free vegetable “stuffing” is extremely versatile for other dishes. I was in a hurry and it’s hot down here. Instead of cooking this in the oven, I sliced the pork loin into thin chops and made everything on the stove. I served this with mashed cauliflower. To make the ‘stuffed’ pork chops, I spooned the stuffing between 2 pork cutlets. Be advised, this variation recipe does not have bread cubes. This is my gluten-free version and it is strictly a vegetable and bacon stuffing.
- To prepare the stuffing, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add onion and next 5 ingredients (onion through garlic); cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add apple, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and apple juice; cook 2 minutes. Set aside.
- To prepare roast, trim fat from pork. Combine garlic powder and next 6 ingredients (garlic powder through 1/4 teaspoon pepper) in a small bowl; rub evenly over pork. Slice thinly in cutlets.
- Spray a pan and heat to medium-high. Cook slices 2-3 minutes per side. They will cook VERY quickly. Remove from pan.