I love Clean Eating Magazine. I usually find great recipes and tips to help me plan my weekly meals and snacks. Most of the their recipes are made with ingredients I have on hand or can easily find, which is important since I live over an hour away from Whole Paycheck. Also, they place a heavy emphasis on fruits and vegetables.
When I saw this recipe for turkey apple patties, all I needed was the turkey.
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped red apple
- 1/4 cup of chopped parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped sage
- 2 teaspoons of chopped thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons of olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped finely
1. In a medium bowl, combine turkey, apple, parsley, sage, thyme, garlic, onion, 3 teaspoons of oil, and pepper flakes. Form into 8 patties.
2. Use remaining 1 teaspoon of oil heated in a skillet. Working in batches, cook each patty for 3-4 minutes each side until no longer pink in the middle.