It’s been a rough day. The To-Do list is out of control and so is my eating/cravings. I really wanted to make a full healthy meal and enjoy the time in the kitchen, but my desire to sit on my butt and sleep was stronger. That is why I have some convenience foods handy. While I would love to be the Stepford wife and have nutritious 100% organic veggies from the backyard, home churned butter and cheese Alfredo, and hand picked rice, it just isn’t going to happen every night. I make do with the least of the packaged evils. I look for lower sodium, and as close to recognizable ingredients as I can.
I used another Target brand of frozen rice. This was Archer Farms cilantro lime rice with pablano peppers. I sautéed’ some mushrooms, broccoli, and peppers. I added 3 Tablespoons of light Alfredo sauce. I mixed that up and served it over rice with a side of grilled asparagus that I threw in the grill pan on the stove. Quick. Easy. And better than a burger bag. It was so good and I was so lazy, I Instagramed it.
- 1 bag of Target Archer Farms Cilantro Lime rice from the FROZEN foods.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped onions
- 3 Tablespoons Newman’s Own light alfredo sauce
- chopped parsley for garnish
- Side of asparagus grilled in grill pan for 5 minutes, turning often.
I have to say, I should come home stressed and looking for quick fixes more often. This was very good and flavorful. I might have to get a few more bags of this.