What a CRAZY day! We had wild kids, faculty meetings, upcoming weather mischief, late afternoon Crossfit class and an extra 4 miles for base building. By the time I got home, all I wanted to do was crawl in a hot tub and crash for the night. Tomorrow, a book I have been waiting MONTHS to be release is supposed to be on the shelves. I’ll save my book time in the bubbles for then.
One of the perks of eating more Paleo foods is the unlimited choices for stir fry. When I plan my meals for the week, obviously I make a list for ingredients for those meals, but if anything else is on sale in the produce area, I’ll buy additional vegetables just for nights like this. I didn’t plan to make a stir fry out of purple cabbage, broccoli, carrots, and sausage. But I had these vegetables prepped and handy so that is what I made. I did not use any other sauce because the garlic and ginger was plenty of flavor for this dish.
Sausage stir fry
- 1 cup of baby carrots
- 1/2 cup of onions, chopped
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1.5 cups of shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (substitute fresh grated 2 teaspoons)
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 12 oz of chicken sausage
- Heat pan with avocado oil.
- Add carrots and cook med-high for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, broccoli, mushrooms, cabbage, garlic and ginger. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until carrots and broccoli are cooked crisp tender.
- Remove vegetables to a bowl. Immediately add sliced sausage to pan and cook until brown and sizzling.
- Add vegetables back to the pan and stir to combine.
- If at any time, additional liquid is needed, add a few tablespoons of water or chicken broth to help steam the vegetables.
After my full day of workouts, I found this in my mailbox. I won’t open this tonight, but very soon! This is the full range of X-train DVD series from Cathe Friedrich. She is a home workout legend for the past 20+ years and I know her workouts produce results FAST. I’m looking forward to trying these out!
Random thought for tonight.