It’s just a fancy name for an Oreo cupcake. I really wanted to make something Mississippi-ish, but I don’t like the marshmallows in the traditional Mississippi Mud Pie. I improvised. Cookies…cream….cupcake…close enough!
The Game: Auburn vs MSU
When: Saturday, Sept. 10 11:00am
Why?? I’m a Mississippi girl and I like cookies. And I can’t stand Auburn University.
- 1 box devils’ food cake
- 1 1/3 cup of strong coffee, room temperature or cool
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Large Eggs
- 18 Oreo cookies
Cream cheese oreo frosting
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-7 crushed Oreo cookies
1. In a mixer, combine the wet ingredients for the cake. Add the dry mix. Mix high until completely combined.
2. Place 18 cupcake liners on a cookie sheet. Place 1 cookie in the bottom of each liner
3. Scoop batter into the cups, 3/4 full.
4. Bake 350* 25 minutes. COOL COMPLETELY.
5. Cream butter and cream cheese until combined. Slowly add the sugar. Keep mixing until combined. Fold in crushed oreos.
6. Cut the tip of a ziplock bag. Scoop the frosting in the bag, and pipe around the edge. The tip is going to be larger than most commercial tips due to the cookies which might be too large for traditional tips. Top with 1 cookie.
Cheer like crazy. It’s going to be a good game!!