After the trip to the farmer’s market and Whole Paycheck, the only difficulty in planning dinner was deciding what to make first.
I had a lot of vegetables from the market.
And this from WF. That corn was going in the pot tonight!
I had some kale that needed to be used soon so I made sautéed kale with fresh tomatoes and smoked sausage.
Smoked Greens with Sausage and Tomatoes
- 2 lbs of trimmed and washed Kale
- 1/2 lb of smoked sausage
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup of broth
- juice of one lemon
- lemon zest
1. In a hot pan, cook the onions, garlic, tomatoes, and sausage.
2. Add the cup of water to hot pan and quickly add kale and COVER TIGHTLY. This quick steams the kale without having to boil it.
3. After 6-8 minutes, stir to combine. Top with lemon juice and zest.