It is still hard to believe that less than a week ago, I was crossing a marathon line. After one day of terrible sickness, and 3 days of a sore leg, I feel 100% normal. I’ve been giving in to my need for extra sleep. Instead of fighting it, I figure my body knows what it needs. It also needs FOOD…(anybody surprised that my stealthy detective skills came to that conclusion?).
I’m in a huge soup mood lately. The pot of soup from 3 days ago is almost gone and I wanted to add a little southern comfort to go with that bowl. Down here, if we don’t fry it, we add booze to it. That includes a grilled cheese sandwich.
This is actually a dip or spread for crackers, or my favorite..Fritos scoops. I decided to put it between bread and grill it.
Drunken Grilled Cheese
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ox)
- 1 tablespoon ranch dip seasoning
- 1/4 cup of beer
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded sharp cheese
- 1/8 cup of chopped cilantro
1. Mix the cream cheese and ranch dip together. A hand mixer will work faster, but a fork is less cleanup.
2. Add the other ingredients and mix together.
3. Butter 2 slices of bread. Heat pan over med-high heat.
4. Lay one piece of bread, butter side down, and top with 2 Tablespoons of cheese. Top with other slice of bread, butter side up. Flip when golden sear is on the bottom piece.
5. Enjoy quickly 🙂