I have a new tool and I LOVE it!
I can now make vegetable noodles. I have used several hand-held julienne peelers and for some reason, I cannot get the long, thing noodles. I get wide thin pieces that I had to cut into smaller strips. Way too much work. And yes, this is a gadget that I have to pull out to use and clean immediately, but it is worth it if I can get meals like this.
Chicken Zoodles with Bacon Garlic Cream Sauce
- 2 lbs grilled chicken thighs
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 strips bacon
- 3 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
1. Put can of coconut milk in freezer 30 minutes before cooking OR in fridge overnight.
2. Prepare chicken thighs. Keep warm.
3. Using a spiralizer, make zucchini noodles. Bring a small saucepan with 2 cups of water to a boil. Add noodles. REMOVE FROM HEAT. Set timer for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, drain immediately in a colander and set aside to air dry.
4. In a large skillet, add 2 Tablespoons of butter to a med-high heated pan. Add onions and sliced bacon pieces. Cook until onions are softened.
5. Add 3 Tablespoons of the cream off the top of the coconut milk. Do not shake can or bring up the liquid. Hard cream only! Add chicken broth. Stir cream, broth, bacon, onions, garlic, butter together until it begins to bubble. Turn heat to low, stirring often.
6. Add broccoli and tomatoes. Cover and let steam 3-5 minutes. Then add zoodles. Stir to combine and add chicken. Remove from heat.
*If you want more cream sauce, add more coconut cream. For a thinner consistency, add more broth and let it reduce a couple of minutes.