I’m enjoying these Thursday night SEC games. Between Thursday night SEC games, Friday night High School football games, Saturday all day game marathons, and a nice Sunday afternoon game (only if the Saints are playing), I’m getting my football fix. I’ve waited through long summer days for these kickoffs and I am celebrating big tonight.
In truth, at 30 min before kickoff, I was slung on the couch all tangled in a blanket matching Frankie snore for snore (he was snoring, I was breathing deeply . I jumped awake and heard the local news still going so I assumed I had not missed kickoff, but I didn’t have long to fix dinner.
Baked fish tacos with roasted corn salsa. Sounds fancy, but not really.
- any white fish fillet
- 1 egg with 1/4 cup of milk, combined for coating
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- chopped cilantro. (parsley is a good substitute)
- 1 can of Green Giant Chipotle White Corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons of chipotle seasoning
- chopped roasted cherry tomatoes or diced tomatoes.
- chopped green onions
1. Preheat oven to 400*
2. Prepare 2 zip lock bags. 1 with the crumbs, cheese, and cliantro. The other with the egg and milk.
3. Place fish in egg mixture. Transfer to bag with coating. Toss well.
4. Place in baking dish sprayed with mister or Pam.
5. Bake 15 min until coating is brown on top.
6. Mix salsa-corn, tomatoes, green onions and spread on top of fish. Top with additional chopped cilantro.
The score is tied and I am hungry!